November General Election
Every November, there is a statewide General Election in New Jersey. You must be registered in order to vote in the general election.
How to Vote in the General Election
- You must be registered. Check to see if you are registered here. The deadline is October 12, 2021.
- You can vote in three ways:
- VOTE EARLY using a paper ballot with Vote By Mail (VBM). The deadline to apply BY MAIL for Vote By Mail and have the paper ballot mailed to you is October 26th. The deadline to apply IN PERSON at your County Clerk’s office and receive the paper ballot in hand is November 1st, no later than 3pm. NOTE: We know this is confusing: “Vote By Mail” in New Jersey is simply voting early using a paper ballot that you can mail, deposit at a drop box, or deliver in person to your county Board of Elections office.
- VOTE EARLY in person using a voting machine that will scan in your hand marked paper ballot (provided to you on site) that you can verify. The time frame for Early Voting is October 23 – 31, no appointments needed. Find the latest information and locations nearest you here.
- Vote in person ON ELECTION DAY – November 2nd. Find your nearest polling place here.