3 Ways to Vote
New Jersey voters have three ways to vote that can work to fit their work, family, and transportation needs. Find out your options to vote!
What are your options?
1. "Vote By Mail"— starting 45 days before Election Day until 8pm Election Day
Vote by mail (VBM) is the earliest voting option available to all voters in every statewide election. That is because VBM ballots are mailed out to VBM voters beginning 45 days prior to election day. NOTE: voters can vote and return their ballots as soon as they receive their mail-in ballots. There is no need to wait until Election Day to return your ballot if you are sure of the candidate you want to vote for. To learn more about voting by mail in detail — such as how to apply, how to vote using mail-in ballots, and deadlines — click here.
2. In-person Early Voting — dates vary depending on election
Beginning with the general election in November 2021, New Jersey voters have had the option of in-person Early Voting. In-person early voting gives voters a period of days before Election Day to get to their nearest Early Voting place to cast their vote. What should you expect? Our new early voting law requires all in-person early voting stations to conduct their voting using hand-marked paper ballots that can be scanned in an optical scanner and can be voter-verifiable.
For the November 2022 election, the dates are Oct 26 – Nov 6.
- Monday – Saturday, 10 am to 8 pm.
- Sunday, 10 am to 6pm.
What you should know:
- There is no appointment necessary.
- Each county will have 3 to 10 in-person Early Voting locations depending on their population.
- Each location is required to have voting machines (optical scanners) that can read hand-marked paper ballots that voters can verify.
To find your nearest Early Voting locations in your county, please use the locator map below. (In-Person Early Voting Poll Location information is provided by the counties — last updated 10/31/22.)